Accurate documentation matters.
Even small errors can lead to payment delays as well as claim denials. Practicefirst will completely manage the process of coding and submitting insurance claims so you don’t have to.
Leave Nothing to Chance
It’s important to work with properly trained and certified medical coding specialists that are up-to-date on current coding guidelines to ensure accurate claim submission. Even small errors can lead to payment delays, underpayments as well as a full claim denial. The result can have a significant effect on revenue and client satisfaction.
Accurate documentation is crucial to the financial success of your practice.
Expertise For Your Organization
We take the guesswork out of the coding process. All of our coding specialists have gone through extensive training and are certified through the AAPC or AHIMA. They are knowledgeable about medical terminology and work closely with the healthcare provider to ensure they document accurate and thorough medical records.
The healthcare industry is no stranger to change. Staying up to date with the constant changes in coding guidelines, payer policies and governmental regulations can be challenging. In addition to rigorous certification training, the coding team at Practicefirst is required to participate in continuing education courses to ensure they are current on the latest industry practices. This gives our clients several important advantages:
- Our medical coders are proficient in Evaluation & Management Guidelines and accurately evaluate medical reports so that doctors can stay focused on their patients. When clarification is needed, our experts can quickly and easily communicate with the medical provider regarding the information needed.
- Our experts code to the highest specificity and are fluent in all diagnosis coding guidelines. Precise coding and proper documentation help ensure your practice receives the proper reimbursement for services rendered, and will also guard against inadvertent overbilling.
- Our certified coders identify potential for unbilled services and provide appropriate feedback to providers.
- Our coding specialists are trained to review provider notes to ensure the documentation meets the medical necessity criteria for the level of service billed. This attention to detail results in significantly fewer claim denials.
- As coding guidelines are updated or new codes are added each year, our experts remain current about the new requirements and how to implement them correctly.
- Our experts look for documentation pitfalls and provide practice level education and training for providers.
You Have Financial Goals.
We Help You Achieve Them.
Talk to us about meeting your practice’s financial goals with end-to-end RCM solutions.
Don't just take our word for it.
"We have been with Practicefirst for complete Revenue Cycle Services since our Hospitalist group was formed in January 2014 and have experienced excellent support and service while allowing us to grow and achieve our patient focused mission."
John Patti, M.D.
Infinity Medical of WNY, PC
"Practicefirst has been handling our Medical Billing and A/R follow up since January 2011. They have provided above average financial results with excellent customer service affording us the opportunity to focus on our most important goal, patient health!"
Debbie Chapman, Practice Manager
Pediatric Cardiology of WNY, PC
"I’ve used Practicefirst ‘s full-service Practice Management solution since 2005, including medical billing, coding, and documentation training. Monthly documentation and financial reports have been invaluable to our practices."
Greg DiFrancesco, M.D.
University Emergency Medical Services, Inc.
News, resources and support is always at your fingertips.