Get paid the first time.
Our medical billers are the conduit between patients, physicians, and payers, negotiating payment arrangements between all three parties.
One of the most difficult challenges.
Properly managing the billing process is one of the most challenging aspects of a physician’s business responsibilities. Practicefirst can manage this entire process, from charge entry through patient billing, to final account resolution.
Maintain your focus on patient care while our team handles the complicated process of medical billing.
Accuracy & Precision
Our medical billers are at the core of revenue cycle management, ensuring proper payments are received in accordance with insurance carrier participating agreements, and liaising administrative communication between patients, physicians, and payers. Our goal is for every claim to be “clean” and compliant. A clean claim contains no errors and receives immediate attention from the payer, improving the likelihood that you receive reimbursement quickly and correctly. Attention to detail throughout every step of this process is essential.
Our direct oversight will ensure things are done right the first time.
- We facilitate the set-up of manageable payment plans for patients in accordance with your patient payment policies.
- We manage the collections process by alerting patients through Final Notices prior to referring accounts to your assigned collection agent.
- Our customized monthly, quarterly, and annual reports allow clients to closely monitor all financial aspects of their practice.
- On an annual basis, we review your customary fee schedule for adequacy and fairness as it relates to the No Surprise Bill Act.
- We will review and update the Patient Financial Policies including those related to Collections, Small Balance & Refund Policy.
- We stay current on all CPT-4, ICD-10 and Modifiers, including special requirements of third-party payers that may use substitute or HCPCS codes. This promotes efficient and accurate billing and reduces denials and unnecessary follow-up.
- Insurance claims are scrubbed and filed on a regular basis.
- We post payments within two days of receipt, most through use of electronic auto-post technology, while reviewing the payments for accuracy and proper reporting of funds.
- We manage the appeal of denied and underpaid claims while ensuring timely re-submission to insurers through direct phone calls to carriers or written appeals when appropriate.
You Have Financial Goals.
We Help You Achieve Them.
Talk to us about meeting your practice’s financial goals with end-to-end RCM solutions.
Don't just take our word for it.
"We have been with Practicefirst for complete Revenue Cycle Services since our Hospitalist group was formed in January 2014 and have experienced excellent support and service while allowing us to grow and achieve our patient focused mission."
John Patti, M.D.
Infinity Medical of WNY, PC
"Practicefirst has been handling our Medical Billing and A/R follow up since January 2011. They have provided above average financial results with excellent customer service affording us the opportunity to focus on our most important goal, patient health!"
Debbie Chapman, Practice Manager
Pediatric Cardiology of WNY, PC
"I’ve used Practicefirst ‘s full-service Practice Management solution since 2005, including medical billing, coding, and documentation training. Monthly documentation and financial reports have been invaluable to our practices."
Greg DiFrancesco, M.D.
University Emergency Medical Services, Inc.
News, resources and support is always at your fingertips.