- On or around June 1, 2015, your practice should have received a report containing the 20+ most commonly billed ICD-9’s by your practice in 2014. We included the ICD-10 mappings that may be applicable. The purpose of this is to assist you in identifying the impact to your practice. In many cases, there are direct mappings (ICD-9 to ICD-10). In other cases, where more complex conditions & manifestations are present, there are NOT direct mappings and you will have to investigate these further.
- If you did not receive a report, please contact Lisa Kropp 716.348.3904 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect in August:
- Coding Clients: Scheduling of telephone or on site session to provide specialty specific ICD-10 information.
- Billing Clients: Contact by a member of the billing team to discuss your practice’s readiness.
New VIDEO ICD-10 resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLwSh09sGo&list=PLw4-yeXdND_pd1Jp_TZmjJb_Wm-ncFQtG
- Road to 10
- Introduction to ICD-10 Coding
- ICD-10 Coding and Diabetes
- ICD-10 Coding Basics & More
- ICD-10 and Clinical Documentation
ICD-10 Resource List
- Contains videos for small practices, resource flyers as well as a clinical documentation video.
- Robust resources for practices of all sizes including options to purchase physician training, ICD-10 manuals
A. Laminated ICD-10 crosswalk cards available for purchase ($24.95-specialty
Below are suggested links you should begin using now as ICD-10 nears:
- ICD-10 Code Translator: http://www.aapc.com/ICD-10/codes/index.aspx
- CMS ICD-10 “GEMS” (General Equivalence Mappings) http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/2015-ICD-10-CM-and-GEMs.html **Be sure that you are reading the Introduction to the Gems file contained within the zip files. This is imperative in understanding the structure of GEMS
- Additional GEMS “FAQ” Resource: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/downloads/gems-crosswalksbasicfaq.pdf
If you would like more information about how we can tailor our services to meet your needs, please contact Lisa Kropp; Coding & Credentialing Manager at 716.348.3904 or email@example.com<